Institute for Renewable Energy (IEO) was established in 2001. It’s an independent research group, and the first private research institute in Poland with a deep knowledge of the renewable energy issues: wind energy, solar energy, biogas, biomass, energy planning, ranging from politics energy and law, economic and financial analysis, and ending with the technical issues and design.
IEO also has an extensive experience in participating as an advisor (due-diligence, assumptions and concepts of technical solutions, functionality and utility programs, feasibility studies, business plans, terms of reference for a tender, supervision and construction monitoring) in the investment processes in the area of renewable energy implemented by the company and local governments.
IEO since 2009, conducts postgraduate studies "Investments in renewable energy sources", trainings and conferences in the field of technology, market economics and the law of renewable energy sources for national energy companies (eg. PGE, PKP Power Engineering), municipalities, financial companies (Alior Bank BGZ, ZBP) and foreign institutions (chambers of commerce in Germany and France, energy companies).
In addition, as part of its work, the IEO completed a number of expert opinions commissioned by the Ministry of Economy, Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Regional Development and other governmental and commercial projects for business customers.
Institute for Renewable Energy acting since 2001 on the polish and european renewable energy market, specializes in preparing economic analyzes, market reports, market monitoring and legislative actions in the field of PV- photovoltaic energy, solar collectors, heat pumps, wind energy, biomass energy, biogas plants in the following areas;
- Studies and detailed analyzes of the market state of RES development in Poland and in Europe.
- Technical and economic due diligence of RES projects: solar, biogas and wind in the auction system
- Projects before auctions system have complete construction documentations, with valid building permits and grid connection conditions.
- Winners projects of the RES auctions system are ready to build with a guaranteed price of energy for 15 years.
- Realization on behalf of investors pre-investment and investment processes in various stages;
- Preparation of feasibility studies for the installation of renewable energy sources - for companies and local governments;
- Verification of feasibility studies and functional programs;
- Hosting, developing, updating and analyzing database RES investment, including investments in photovoltaic systems.
- Hosting, developing and updating a database of manufacturers and distributors of photovoltaic equipment and conducting comparative analyzes (technological benchmark);
- Advice and assistance in the preparation of investment:
- Preparation of feasibility studies of the investment projects;
- Consulting in negotiations with financing institutions;
- Reports - assessment of the impact of photovoltaic systems on the environment;
- The development of computer programs and spreadsheets, profit calculation and energy analysis of the economic viability of investments, tailored to the individual needs of customers - installers and manufacturers of renewable energy systems;
- Preparing investors for the applying for financial aid, the use of support systems (eg. green certificates) and effective participation in the auction for the supply of electricity from renewable energy sources in the years 2016-2030;
- Forecasts productivity and optimization of wind power and photovoltaic in the context of ensuring the minimum requirement of guaranteed efficiency of the plant during the 3 years and 15 years periods of time in the law on renewable energy sources;
- Organizing and conducting webinars on key determinants of RES;
- Organization and carrying out postgraduate studies "Investing in renewable energy: distributed generation and prosumers";
- Organization of national conferences;
- Formulating a development strategy for the RES sector and coordination of the campaign for implementation of the sector demands;
- Implementation of expertise for the government and public institutions (the full list of expert opinions is available here).